The picture, listed below, is from the Fall 2012 edition of the East Bradford township newsletter that was recently mailed. The letter states that all voters will need to bring a photo ID to the polls on election. That is not true because last Tuesday, October 2nd, Judge Robert Simpson struck down Pennsylvania’s Voter ID Law that forced voters to show ID when voting. Judge Simpson ruled that authorities had not done enough to ensure voters have access to photograhpic identification. This law affected the poor, the elderly, and minorities who cannot afford or are able to obtain a proper ID. The original court case was brought against the state of Pennsylvania back in July. The state Pennsylvania signed a stipulation agreement with the lawyers for the plaintiffs which acknowledges “there have been no investigations or prosecutions of in-person voter fraud in Pennsylvania; and the parties do not have direct personal knowledge of any such investigations or prosecutions in other states.” So if this is no longer the law, than why are the Republican East Bradford Supervisors still trying to suppress the vote? Here is the proof!
State Representative Chris Ross
The decisions that Chris Ross has made in Harrisburg do not reflect the values of the people of East Bradford nor do they respect the values of all people!
Results of the Corbett/Ross budget to education cuts in the West Chester Area School District
- School Board raises property taxes by 1.7%
- Instituted activity fees at all grade levels
- Laid off 21 teachers
Results of cuts to Chester County Services
- Cuts to people with severe disabilities
- Cuts to services for senior citizens
- Cuts to public safety services
Representative Dan Truitt of East Goshen
The Akin-Ryan Bill is one of the most anti-choice pieces of legislation out there! Two words that should never be used together in the same sentence: legitimate and rape. In defending his extreme anti-choice position – that a woman who is raped and becomes pregnant should not be permitted to have an abortion, Akin said, “First of all, from what I understand from doctors [pregnancy from rape] is really rare. If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.”
Akin and Ryan were the original co-sponsors of the controversial bill H.R. 3, “No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act,” which initially included language which changed the definition of “rape” to “forcible rape,” until public pressure forced the bill’s supporters to remove that unacceptable and narrow definition.
Ryan was against abortion in all cases including rape until Team Romney’s statement. Romney has said he would get rid of Planned Parenthood and has been moving further right on women’s issues since he was a pro-choice governor of Massachusetts.
Dan Truitt, like Todd Akin and Paul Ryan, is against a women’s right to choose in all cases, including rape and incest. He was even a co-sponsor of PA House Bill 1077 that would require anyone planning an abortion to have an ultrasound at least 24 hours before that procedure, with screens showing a real-time image in the expectant mother’s line of sight.
Patients could avert their eyes from the screen, but would still have to be told the results of the test’s findings about the fetus’ viability, sign a written report to give to the abortion provider and receive a sealed copy of the ultrasound image.
The point, proponents say, is that if some women see an image of the fetus’s heartbeat or other signs of life, they might have second thoughts about going ahead with the procedure.
Supporters of abortion rights have called the bill — with its mandate for what in many cases would be a vaginal ultrasound — one of the worst governmental intrusions into women’s health they have ever seen.
We will be holding our monthly meetings the 4th Tuesday of each month, from 7-8:30 p.m. at the Old School House in East Bradford. We need your help to sign up for President Obama’s reelection campaign. Also, we have a host of great candidates that are running in the November General Election. Please check out our candidates page for details about them.
Here are just some of President Obama’s accomplishments in his first term:
- Signed into law an economic plan that saved America from a depression, restored growth, and created or saved as many as 3.6 million jobs.
- Signed into law landmark health insurance reform that holds insurance companies accountable, gives people and small businessess greater control of health care, and improves the quality of health care for all Americans.
- Fought against Wall Street lobbyists to sign into law historic consumer protections and financial reforms that shield American families from unfair lending practices from credit card and mortgage companies, rein in the excesses of Wall Street, and work to prevent future financial crises.
- Reformed the college loan system by ending subsidies to banks and using the money to make college more affordable. He also invested in community colleges that are providing Americans with the skills they need to succeed in today’s economy.
- Rescued the American auto industry, which saved millions of American jobs and helped GM and Chrysler become profitable again while repaying taxpayers.
- Repealed “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell,” which makes it possible for individuals to serve in the military regardless of their sexual orientation.
- Helped women get the equal pay they deserve by signing into law the Lilly Ledbetter Act.
- Ended the war in Iraq, initiated a responsible drawdown of forces in Afghanistan, and ordered the operation that killed Osama bin Laden.