We will be holding our monthly meetings the 4th Tuesday of each month, from 7-8:30 p.m. at the Old School House in East Bradford. We need your help to sign up for President Obama’s reelection campaign. Also, we have a host of great candidates that are running in the November General Election. Please check out our candidates page for details about them.
Here are just some of President Obama’s accomplishments in his first term:
- Signed into law an economic plan that saved America from a depression, restored growth, and created or saved as many as 3.6 million jobs.
- Signed into law landmark health insurance reform that holds insurance companies accountable, gives people and small businessess greater control of health care, and improves the quality of health care for all Americans.
- Fought against Wall Street lobbyists to sign into law historic consumer protections and financial reforms that shield American families from unfair lending practices from credit card and mortgage companies, rein in the excesses of Wall Street, and work to prevent future financial crises.
- Reformed the college loan system by ending subsidies to banks and using the money to make college more affordable. He also invested in community colleges that are providing Americans with the skills they need to succeed in today’s economy.
- Rescued the American auto industry, which saved millions of American jobs and helped GM and Chrysler become profitable again while repaying taxpayers.
- Repealed “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell,” which makes it possible for individuals to serve in the military regardless of their sexual orientation.
- Helped women get the equal pay they deserve by signing into law the Lilly Ledbetter Act.
- Ended the war in Iraq, initiated a responsible drawdown of forces in Afghanistan, and ordered the operation that killed Osama bin Laden.